Sunday, September 24, 2006

Winter is coming. I know it just transitioned to fall, but winter is always close on its heels.

I like winter. Winter brings shorter days, and I always spend more time thinking, because night always inspires such.

I hope that with this coming winter, I retain the courage to make the changes in my life that I desperately want to make.

I hope to sleep in occasionally. Under a pile of warm blankets.

I hope to have a couple hours in the evening to read on my couch with a mug of hot apple cider.

I hope to be forgiven.

I hope to be older, and mostly wiser.

I hope that I will not disappoint you. And you. And you.

I hope that you will not be angry at me.

I hope that I find really cute flat shoes.

I hope that you will learn to see me as a person.

I hope to get through this stack of half read books.

I hope to finish this project-in-limbo.And this one. And this one.

I hope that you will always be my friend.

I hope that I will resolve this. You know, this.

I hope to look certain failure in the eye and march towards it with a measure of heroic futility.

I live in California. It is always a faux-winter. Still, some things are worth hoping for.

No comments: