Saturday, August 12, 2006

I've also updated Strange Little Bear with my heart cards!

They're pretty cute, I think.

(they can also be purchased though etsy, if you prefer)

I went to Felt Club today, and it was pretty awesome, as usual. I bought a gorgeous, perfectly sized hand bound book from Broken Press Studio and a really cute needle case from Wendy, from The Singing Librarian and some buttons from sewing stars.

I also got to talk to the awesome Silvia from Chebang! who told me about the wonders of shrinky dinks! She ran a workshop at 2, but I had to be off by then...still, the strange little bear shrinky dink experiments are forthcoming!

In a somewhat oddly coincidental turn of events, Wendy asked me about the shirt I was wearing, which led me to singing the praises of Oddica, my new favourite t-shirt site. Anyway, I also mentioned that one of my favourite artists, and felt-clubber, Jordan Crane, had a design up and that I really liked it...and Wendy points to the lovely woman next to her and says "Haha! This is his wife." Who then says - "Oh, we have tons of those shirts! Do you want one?" So, I now have this awesome shirt that I would have bought off the website the next time I decided to buy clothing. I'll probably buy one as a gift, anyhow.

So, yeah, it was a pretty cool day.

No comments: